We offer a wide selection of contact lenses including disposable soft contact, bifocal/multifocal, toric, and colored lenses. Whether you wear daily, weekly or monthly disposables, or conventional (vial) lenses, check out our selection of lenses that fit your needs.
A good contact lens fit starts with a thorough eye exam to ensure the most up-to-date prescription and rule out any pre-existing conditions that could interfere with contact lens wear.
We will determine the best fitting lens based on your lifestyle needs and the shape and health of your eye. In most cases, you’ll have the opportunity to try lenses on the same day as your exam. You can even go home with a few samples before making a final decision.
We follow up the initial fitting and then make any necessary changes in fit or materials to get you the best possible fit. We teach all our patients proper contact lens care and also possible consequences if proper care is not taken. Then we continue with long-term follow-up to monitor the condition of the lenses and to ensure that proper hygiene is being maintained.
Contact Lens Highlights:
- Most of our contact lens patients now wear soft disposable contact lenses. They are comfortable and easy to care for.
- Many patients are even wearing daily disposables which are single use and ideal for occasional use or for anyone who loves clean lenses and hates fiddling with solutions.
- Many patients also wear the new high oxygen silicone hydrogel lenses which are healthier for the eyes and take away much of the guilt from wearing lenses for long hours every day. These lenses are removed daily and replaced on a two week or monthly basis.
- Tinted contact lenses are also popular and can change the colour of your eyes either subtly or dramatically.
- Even presbyopes (those of us over 40 with reading difficulty) can wear contact lenses now with either bifocal or monovision options.
- Patients with higher prescriptions and patients with astigmatism now have more options than ever in soft disposable contact lenses.
- Children and contact lenses can also be discussed with the doctors. This is very individual and works best when the patient is very eager and good with responsibility.
- There is also a new Nike sports contact lens on the market which is tinted like sunglasses for outdoor sports. They are kind of freaky looking but they work really well!
If you have always wanted to try contact lenses or used to wear them and would like them for occasional wear, let us know and we will give you free trial lenses so that you can have the flexibility of being glasses free!