Contact Lenses in Waterloo,
No need for extensive cleaning procedures-you don’t even need a contact lens case unless you want to take the lenses out for a while. Moreover, daily disposable contacts are generally considered the safest and healthiest type of contact lenses because the use of a fresh pair of lenses every day minimizes the chance for harmful build-up.
Whether you wear daily, weekly or monthly disposables, or conventional (vial) lenses, check out our selection of lenses that fit your needs. A contact lens exam ensures the most up-to-date prescription and rules out any pre-existing conditions that could interfere with contact lens wear.
Contact Lens Highlights:
- Most of our contact lens patients now wear soft disposable contact lenses. They are comfortable and easy to care for.
- Many patients are even wearing daily disposables which are single use and ideal for occasional use or for anyone who loves clean lenses and hates fiddling with solutions.
- Many patients also wear the new high oxygen silicone hydrogel lenses which are healthier for the eyes and take away much of the guilt from wearing lenses for long hours every day. These lenses are removed daily and replaced on a two week or monthly basis.
- Tinted contact lenses are also popular and can change the colour of your eyes either subtly or dramatically.
- Even presbyopes (those of us over 40 with reading difficulty) can wear contact lenses now with either bifocal or monovision options.
- Patients with higher prescriptions and patients with astigmatism now have more options than ever in soft disposable contact lenses.
- Children and contact lenses can also be discussed with the doctors. This is very individual and works best when the patient is very eager and good with responsibility.
- There is also a new Nike sports contact lens on the market which is tinted like sunglasses for outdoor sports. They are kind of freaky looking but they work really well!
If you have always wanted to try contact lenses or used to wear them and would like them for occasional wear, let us know and we will give you free trial lenses so that you can have the flexibility of being glasses free!
Contact Lens Fittings & Proper Care
At Pierce Family Vision we offer a wide selection of contact lenses including disposable soft contacts, bifocal/multifocal, toric, and colored lenses. We will determine the best fitting lens based on an in-depth assessment of a patient's medical history, lifestyle, and of course the shape and health of your eye. After the initial fitting, we will make any necessary changes in fit or materials in order to achieve a comfortable fit.
Our Waterloo eye doctors make sure to teach all our patients proper contact lens care to promote a high standard of eye health. We will also explain what can happen if their eye health needs are not diligently met. We also provide long-term follow-up to monitor the condition of the lenses and to ensure that eye hygiene is being maintained.